Parenting by Strengths – A Parent’s Guide for Challenging Situations, is written by seven different authors, all experts in their fields.
This book gives practical advice and solutions to guide you through everyday situations that arise in every family. In addition, specific web sites are also recommended to help you gain better understanding of yourself, eg – a self-quiz on where your strengths lie.
A summary at the end of each chapter recaps the highlights for quick reference and also gives additional reading recommendations, as well as contact information/web sites for each author.
Cathy A. Rodrigues LCSW, ACSW, CMC – A Certified Mentor Coach;
• Communication and Stress Management
• 5 Positive Principles to Effective Communication
Toni Schutti, MA, LP – National Speaker, Author, Parent Coach and Licensed psychologist.
• Create a Discipline Plan that Works
• Discipline Defined
• 10 Positive Discipline Options – BEAR Problem Solving Format
Sarah Gillen, MA, LMFT, PCC – Parent Coach, Marriage/Family Therapist;
• Parenting Strengths for the Pre-Adolescent and Teen Years
Amy Johnson, MSW – Personal Life/Parent Coach, School Social Worker, Parent Educator, Youth Director;
• Just Say KNOW to Sex
• In the Beginning
• As They Grow
• Dealing With Differences
Marion C. Bloch, PsyD – School psychologist and coach;
• Positive Parenting and the Special Needs Child
• Principles of Positive Psychology
• Mild-to-Moderate/Moderate-to-Severe Special Needs
Janice Van Buren, PhD – psychologist for over 25 years;
• Parenting Your Multiracial Child
• Developing a Racial Identity
• Talking about Race
Mary Ivory, MA, LCPC, CPC – counselor;
• What 12-Step Programs and Traditions Can Teach Us About Parenting
• Emotion Coaching Skills for All Parents
• Using 12-Step Slogans as Emotional Awareness Tools
This comprehensive book is a must-read for anyone dealing with the stresses of parenthood. Whether you’re a first time parent or a “been there done that,” Parenting by Strengths is sure to bring new ideas and insight.
For more information, please visit; http://www.parentingbystrengths.com/book-.html
Want a copy of this great book? Leave me a comment in this Blog Spot and at the end of next week (January 9th) I will put everyone's name in a hat and draw for it. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with "book giveaway" in the subject line.
Good Luck :)