Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Binksy and Bobo - Interview


I came across this wonderful business on Twitter and thought it deserved a shout out. Here's what Katrina Poole of Binksy and Bobo, (owner/operator/mom/entrepreneur) had to say;

Tell us a bit about yourself:
I am a mother to a 21/2 year old sweetie (a boy) and wife to a crazy-fun husband. I live in Toronto. I love the energy of the city, photography, food (cooking & eating it), the quirky little things my son does that make me laugh (like just the other day, when he decided to lick my arms like a dog)....
I have always been creative, having studied Fine Arts in University and then having worked in an Ad Agency as a Graphic Designer, so deciding to start designing and sewing clothes was just the next thing.

Tell us about Binkys & Bobo:
While pregnant and huge with my son, I spent my days in front of my old sewing machine, making every item for my son’s soon-to-be-nursery. I sewed his curtains, bedding, bumper pads etc.
After the birth of my son, with all the fun I had designing his nursery, I decided to start sewing his clothing and thus Binksy & Bobo was born.

Any significance behind that adorable name?
Binksy is cute and whimsical (like my clothing). Bobo was the name of my little brother’s much beloved stuffed toy, Mr. Bobo, who, unfortunately ended up being shoved down the toilet.....so the name pays homage to Mr. Bobo.

What products do you carry? Tell us what makes them unique:
I carry a line of reversible clothing and stylish accessories for babies and children. Everything is handmade in Toronto, Canada. The nice part about having a reversible piece is, if there ever is a stain spilled down the front (which almost always happens), one can simply turn the item inside out for a fresh clean look.
I also carry accessories such as baby’s blankets and shopping cart covers that can be personalized with a monogram or fun graphic appliqué.

How long have you been in business?
I started the business in August of 2008.

Are you purely web based?
Right now I am an on-line store. I also partake in the Children’s Trunk Show held in Toronto in November and am now starting to branch out into retail stores.

What's the biggest challenge you've faced with Binkys & Bobo?
Building my brand, making people across Canada and the United States aware of Binksy & Bobo. The second challenge would have to be, not always being able to find the fabric I need for a particular item I’m making. I’m working on establishing relationships with more suppliers.

Anything else you'd like to add?
I have a blog; http://www.lipstickandlullabies.com/
where I like to talk about my double life as a mom and business owner. My blog features recipes and day to day ramblings and contests.
*Right now, I’m holding a laugh out loud contest. I’m giving away a personalized t-shirt and reversible short set ($60 value) to the contestant who writes me (in my comments section) of the funniest/most embarrassing moment in their child’s/baby’s life. For Contest entry and info, please click the following link: http://www.lipstickandlullabies.com/2010/04/contest-most-embarrassingfunny-thing.html

I am on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BinksyAndBobo
Fans receive from time to time coupons and special promotions

I am on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/BinksyAndBobo

Check out this fabulous line of products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out Bumples Interactive Magazine at http://www.bumples.com

Blogger may receive a small compensation for products advertised on Bumples Family First.